Creo Elements/Direct 2D Access is a CAD viewer that offers rich 2D CAD visualisation to improve your company’s product development process. With Creo Elements/Direct 2D Access, you can extend the use of 2D design data across the entire organisation and supply chain so team members can easily share design data in native and neutral 2D CAD formats, including:
- IGES 2D
Drawings can also be output to a plotter, printer, or to supported file formats. Some of the key features include:-
- View 2D design data in a broad range of neutral CAD formats including Autodesk DWG and DXF
- Inspect 2D drawings and measure all aspects such as length, distances between points, and radii
- Easily modify 2D views by turning parts and subassemblies on and off within the assembly structure
- Compare different versions of drawings, clearly highlighting additions, deletions, and modifications
- Publish 2D drawings in PDF, Postscript, HPGL, HPGL II, TIFF, BMP, JPEG, and PNG
- Provide real-time, seamless product data management when integrated with Creo Elements/Direct Drawing Manager
Who is it for? Creo Elements/Direct 2D Access is for anyone who wants to view and measure 2D drawings, yet does not need a full design solution. This could be a member of production planning, QA, documentation, and sales departments in companies that design with Creo Elements/Direct’s Drafting product, creating .mi files. Or it could be partners and/or suppliers who work with companies that create Creo Elements/Direct Drafting drawings.
How can it help you? With its easy-to-use, read-only interface, Creo Elements/Direct 2D Access can be used productively throughout an organization:-
- Production planning and QA departments can verify drawings, tolerances, details, and dimensional compliance.
- Documentation and sales offices can use drawings for vendor negotiations or technical documentation.
- Design departments can review drawings for design intent, completeness, standards compliance, and filing.