As people are becoming more flexible in their work location there is a growing requirement for the corporate software to be run from different sites and possible home users. With the Portable License Enabler for MELS, licenses can be checked out of the main license pool and used on machines while they are away from the main office.
License usage can still be monitored from the main license server administrative web page. This same page is used to distribute the portable client configuration utility as well.
- Ability to work out of the office.
- Applies to the whole Creo Elements/Direct (formerly CoCreate) product range.
- Licenses can be checked out for up to 30 days.
Check Out Process
- Run the application as normal whilst connected to the main license server.
- Start the Portable License enabler configuration client.
- Select the required number of days (max 30 days).
- Complete the check out.
Check In Process
- Licenses will automatically be returned to the main server after the expiry date.
- Manual return license by running the Portable License Enabler configuration client at any time.