Mathcad is the global standard for engineering calculation software that drives innovation and offers significant personal and process productivity advantages for product development and engineering design projects. Unlike proprietary calculating tools and spreadsheets, Mathcad lets engineers design and document engineering calculations simultaneously with comprehensive applied math functionality and dynamic, unit-aware calculations.
More than 250,000 professionals worldwide are using Mathcad to perform, document, manage and share calculation and design work. The unique Mathcad visual format and easy-to-use whiteboard interface integrate live, standard mathematical notation, text and graphs into a single worksheet–making Mathcad ideal for knowledge capture, calculation reuse, and engineering collaboration.
Mathcad lets you type equations just as you would write them on a blackboard or in a reference book. There is no difficult syntax to learn; you simply type in your equations and then see the results. You can use Mathcad equations to solve just about any math problem you can think of, symbolically or numerically. You can place text anywhere on the worksheet to document your work.
- Mathcad uses Maths format and displays so information is clearly understandable in a mathematical format.
- Live math and symbolic capabilities including matrices, expressions and functions.
- High end numerics including summations, products, derivatives, integrals, Boolean, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions all built in as well as statistical, data analysis.
- Mathcad has built in operators including arithmetic, vector, Boolean, arithmetic and user defined.
- Built in and integrated graphing and visualisation.
- Mathcad has numerous in-built solving functions including root finding, differential equations, linear, nonlinear and differential equations in natural notation.
- Automatically aware of units.
- Multi step undo.
- Mathcad has comprehensive document and text editing features including spell checker, templates, style sheets, hyperlinking, pdf, xml and HTML publishing and comprehensive data import and export facilities.
- Mathcad documents your calculations and help capture, protect and re-use your intellectual property.
- The in-built checking and units aware calculations within Mathcad considerably reduce the possibility of errors.
- Automate your operations using the inbuilt templates and style sheets.
- Mathcad uses the notation, terms and presentation that Engineers are used to so there is a very short learning curve associated with the product.
- Mathcad provides a more powerful, reliable and accurate method than using spreadsheets and far quicker than programming in a higher level programming language.