With 80% to 90% of all structural failures resulting from fatigue, think of the advantage you’d have if you could evaluate your designs for durability right from the outset of the design process. With Creo Fatigue Advisor, you can clearly understand the life of your product to avoid surprises, such as warranty costs and underperforming products, down the road.
Creo Fatigue Advisor is a unique product, intended specifically for designers who need to understand the durability of their products. Not only does Fatigue Analysis give you an up-front assessment of your product’s durability, but it also enables you to understand the impact that design changes have on the fatigue life of the component.
Fatigue Advisor Features
- Accurately predict the fatigue life of the product by determining the number of cycles to failure.
- Understand the damage to product, expressed as the ratio between accumulated fatigue cycles and the total number of cycles to failure.
- View fatigue factor of safety results for information on the extent to which the amplitude of the load can be increased without compromising the target design life.
- Represent confidence of life as a fringe display showing the ratio between the calculated life and the target fatigue and design life.
- Computed from Creo materials library using Unified Material Law (UML)
- Ability to model surface finish and treatment effects on the fatigue life and durability of the design
- Export information to HTML for sharing results throughout your organization.
- The Fatigue Analysis is fully integrated within the Creo Parametric modelling environment so no separate data files are used. One file manages the design and fatigue data and changes are associative. This allows you to analyze your model and quickly identify problem areas and once you update the design, you can easily re-run the fatigue analysis, without recreating it.
Fatigue Advisor Benefits
- Reduce product warranty costs by creating more durable products.
- Eliminate lengthy, costly physical prototyping phases of design validation.
- Improve product quality and durability within the Fatigue Advisor using embedded optimization technology.
- Identify design issues requiring improvement early, when the cost of change is minimal.
- Design with more confidence throughout the product lifecycle.