Designers are often challenged with ensuring that their latest product innovations and workplace designs meet demanding customer requirements for form, fit and function. Conforming to product and workplace health and safety standards is also becoming increasingly paramount.
To address these critical design issues, designers, ergonomists and Human Factors specialists in a variety of industries can now take advantage of a new solution that provides a deeper understanding of how products and workplaces will be manufactured, used and maintained. Creo Manikin Analysis Extension uses digital human modelling and enables you to visualize, simulate and communicate highly complex human/product workplace interactions, particularly repetitive manual tasks, earlier in the design process. This means you can design more innovative products and workplaces that are optimized for people and deliver them to market faster, with lower product development costs.
Manakin Digital Human Modeling Features
- Position a manikin in the correct posture as determined by the design scenario. Capture the position as a “snapshot,” so you can save and reuse the posture and associated analysis settings.
- Perform the desired analysis by applying the necessary algorithms for pushing, pulling, lifting or other design-related manual tasks
- Replace the initial manikin with another relevant manikin and repeat the analysis to assess the impact of the design on the entire
- target population
- For advanced assessments of human-product-workplace interactions, such as manual handling, workplace layout and repetitive movements, Creo Manikin Analysis Extension provides designers and Human Factors experts with the ability to validate their designs against a number of quantitative Human Factors and workplace standards and guidelines such as:- Material Handling (RULA), Pushing/Pulling (Snook), Lifting/Lowering (Snook), Carrying (Snook) and Lifting/Lowering (NIOSH).
- The Manakin digital modeling is part of the Creo Parametric modelling environment so no separate data files are used. One file manages the design and digital human data and changes are associative. Manakin Analysis allows you to analyze your environment and quickly identify problem areas and once you update the design, you can easily re-run the Manakin analysis, without recreating it.
Manakin Digital Human Modeling Benefits
- Simulate human-product interactions such as pushing, pulling, lifting, lowering and more.
- Reduce time, budget and obsolescence associated with physical prototypes.
- Communicate and share complex human-product interaction issues using advanced reporting capabilities.
- Optimize designs for more complex human-product interactions earlier in the design cycle.
- Ensure conformance with safety, health, ergonomics and workplace standards and guidelines.