Creo Mechanism Dynamics allows you to virtually simulate real-world forces and analyze how your product will react to them, without building costly physical prototypes. Gaining insight into product behaviour early in the design phase allows you to build better products, while saving you time and money.
With Creo Mechanism Dynamics, you can determine – on the desktop – how your design will react to dynamic forces such as gravity and friction. Since you can conduct this analysis without having to build a physical prototype, you can perform your tests very early in the design phase when correcting problems is much less costly. And when you do build a physical prototype, it’s likely to be of much higher quality, as you’ve already completed a series of vigorous tests virtually. By building fewer physical prototypes, you not only cut costs, but you also reduce time-to-market because you’re building a better quality product that is ‘right the first time’.
Mechanism Dynamics Features
- Use Mechanism Dynamics to simulate gravity, springs, and friction without creating a physical prototype
- Perform kinematic analysis (position, velocity, and acceleration analysis) as well as dynamic motion analysis (friction, gravity, and forces) using Mechanism Dynamics.
- Detect problems with clearances and interferences early in the design cycle.
- Import behavioural data from applications such as PTC’s Mathcad, or Microsoft Excel, and apply to existing models to determine their performance under this behaviour within the Mechanism Dynamics environment.
- Use static analysis to determine loading at a static point.
- Determine forces necessary to put a mechanism into motion with inverse static loading (force balance).
- Load mechanisms with tension and compression forces using spring and damper connections.
- Easily create complex motion envelope parts of select components in your mechanism for use either in space claim studies or as placeholders in any assembly.
- Leverage integration with other Creo solutions such as Creo Simulation and Creo Behavioural Modeling both for optimization and complete virtual product analysis.
- The Mechanism Dynamics is fully integrated within the Creo modelling environment so no separate data files are used. One file manages the design and mechanism data and changes are associative. This allows you to analyze your model and quickly identify problem areas and once you update the design, you can easily re-run the mechanism dynamics, without recreating it.
- Mechanism Dynamics helps to eliminate time, effort, and money spent on data translation and associated errors by having fully integrated design and analysis tools.
- Reduce development costs by creating virtual prototypes for desktop testing.
- Incorporate changes into the products faster and earlier and get immediate results from desktop testing using Mechanism Dynamics.
- Deliver higher quality products to market first by reducing development time.
- Reduce warranty costs by generating a better estimate of your product’s life.
- Eliminate costly manufacturing errors with specific, animated production instructions for assembly.