E3.cable takes all the functionality of E3.schematic and adds tools for designing and documenting cable plans and harness layouts. Individual conductors are combined together in the design to form new cables or harnesses. Shielding and twisted-pair structure can also be added to the cables and automatically shown in the schematic.
E³.cable is an integrated design solution for interconnecting devices and designing cables and harnesses. Its intelligent block functionality enables engineers to quickly represent dynamic equipment such as line replacement units (LRUs) or electronic control units (ECUs), while the hierarchy functionality enables a top-down or bottom-up design approach. E3.cable also includes one of E3.series’ most powerful features; its ability to create multiple views of the same devices for design and documentation purposes.
Features and Benefits
- Cable and Harness Design – Dynamic cables, shielding and twisted pairs are all easily put together and shown in the schematic, alongside predefined cables from your suppliers.
- Block Diagrams – Dynamic blocks in E3.cable enable rapid development of interconnection schematics. Blocks can either represent single components, whole systems or sub-systems.
- Hierarchical Design – Blocks also support hierarchical design and can represent entire systems or sub-systems. Connections and ports added to the blocks enable signal transfer between levels. Multiple levels are supported and users can tunnel up or down in their designs to view and modify detail at any level.
- Multi-view Functionality – E3.cable supports multi-view functionality; devices and cables detailed in the schematic can also be shown in a documentation view with manufacturing data added.
- Design for Manufacture – Connector mates, connector pin terminals and cavity seals are automatically assigned and short-circuits and incorrect part usage are prevented ensuring that correct design data is always available for manufacturing.
The complete, easy-to-use solution for designing and documenting circuit diagrams for hydraulic, pneumatic and cooling drawings.
Complete CAD solution for the creation of circuit diagrams used in electronic design. Also enables you to directly integrate E3.series modules with PCB Design systems for complete system-level integrated electronics and electrical design.