Working in either two or three dimensions, E3.panel allows engineers to layout components inside panel enclosures and other real-world spaces. E3.panel is dynamically integrated with the schematic design. Users can easily navigate between the panel and schematic and changes to either are immediately reflected across both. Signal logic is transferred from the schematic and, with the addition of E3.Panel+ , wires can be automatically routed through ducts in the panel, taking into account the shortest route and any segregation requirements. Wire lengths are calculated and with dedicated links to wire preparation machines wires can be cut stripped, crimped and marked automatically.
Additional parts in the panel design,such as DIN Rails and ducting, which were not required in the schematic will adjust Bills of Materials accordingly. You can annotate, dimension and fully document your diagrams. The data held in E3.series can also be fed into the production environment for labelling, manufacturing cables, drilling, milling and cutting information and user-defined reports.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic calculation and verification of cable duct fill according to cross section of wires and cable duct definition (width and height).
- Free definable graphic representation (e.g. component size, pins, cutouts, drill holes etc.).
- Display, rotate and work on the panel in a full 3D view.
- Calculation and output of wire length with wire attributes (e.g. colour, type, cross section).
- Dimensioning (e.g. distance, horizontal, vertical, size, angles).
- Integration to cable cutting machines from Komax and CCMatic amongst others is made possible.
E3.Panel Plus extends the capability of E3.Panel to include additional features such as automatic routing of cables and wires through the cable ducts.