E3.Panel is the market’s most advanced panel and switchgear layout system. It’s totally embedded into the E3.series working environment delivering a seamless schematic-to-panel and panel-to-schematic working environment.
E3.Panel delivers remarkable return-on investment. It allows users to place parts used in the schematic within real world environments (panels, doors, rooms etc), using intelligent mountings (DIN Rail Mounts) as required.
The workspace may also have ducts and cable route paths assigned. E3.Panel then allows routing (manual or automatic) of components delivering true route and length information, with a multitude of design rule checks at all stages to ensure that your design is manufacturable first time.
Based on the common E3.Series data model, any part may have a panel representation. If you change a part or wire in the schematic, it changes in the panel, and vice-versa it’s that easy! Wires are made available for routing when defined in a schematic – all the user needs do is route it. Routing may be done manually or automatically, with full regard to segregation and other selectable design rules. Design rules prohibit amongst many things, over-filling of ducting, and placement of parts and wiring in restricted areas, and proximity of wiring to parts.
You may wish to add additional parts in the panel design which were not required in the schematic, the BOM will, of course, adjust accordingly. As would be expected from a physical model, you can annotate, dimension and fully document your diagrams, export for use in other systems or use it to develop further information such as drill hole detailing, or cut-and-strip and labelling information.
E3.Panel Feature List
- Automatic component selection from schematic diagram.
- Automatic and interactive placement of electrical and mechanical components (e.g. mounting rails, cable ducts, add-on parts) with online verifications.
- Online design rule checks for component placement (e.g. offset, height), routing, break-outs (drill holes), restricted areas and cross-sections.
- Automatic placement on mount rails.
- Automatic placement and spacing of terminals.
- Automatic calculation and verification of cable duct fill according to cross section of wires and cable duct definition (width and height).
- Free definable graphic representation (e.g. component size, pins, cutouts, drill holes etc.).
- Display, rotate and work on the panel in a full 3D view.
- Automatic and interactive routing according to signal specification (e.g. power, control signals, max number of wires allowed on a pin, min/max wire sizes allowable on a pin).
- Calculation and output of wire length with wire attributes (e.g. colour, type, cross section).
- Dimensioning (e.g. distance, horizontal, vertical, size, angles).
- 3D data output for 3D-CAD integration (e.g. interference checks, documentation, and Web VRML output).
- Integration to cable cutting machines possible (e.g. Komax, CCMatic).