The Structural Steelwork extensions available for PTC 2D and 3D CAD products provide a range of productive design tools for the Steelwork Designer, whether they are working in Mechanical Engineering, Plant Design or Civil Engineering.
- Selecting standard section profiles for beams, pipes etc.
- Automating typical connections such as head plates, gussets and other connections.
- Piping, Welding and Tube design and production of manufacturing instructions.
The explicit nature of the Modeler makes it suitable for modifications and changes to be applied to existing or newly created designs at any stage of the design process.
2D Design and Annotation. The CSC-CAD add on to Creo Elements/Direct Drafting provides a wealth of steelwork detailing features to increase productivity as well as built in automatic reports and bills of materials. Some of the features included are: -
- Main steel including section views, plan views and elevations
- Fittings including plate fittings, stiffener fittings, angle cleats, bolt groups and irregular fittings
- Cold rolled sections
- Hip members
- NC take off for rolled sections and plates
Pipework and Routed Systems. The Creo Pipework and Cabling Extension (PCX) enables designers to fully automate the pipe-routing process. Designers no longer have to build physical prototypes and struggle through the trial-and-error process as they can determine the optimal paths of the pipes in the model using the system tools. In addition, designers can create rules that are based on company best practices or corporate policies. Plus, designers have access to a library of standard fittings, which can be reused from product to product, reducing time-to-market and increasing designer productivity. The system will then ensure that rules such as flow direction and fitting sizes are adhered to.
Pipework can be designed in conjunction with P&ID diagrams produced on the system with automated checking and updating of changes.