In the design and manufacturing industries, the electrical team is often the last to get essential design tools. The belief is that the electrical team will get the job done with what they have, and in most cases they manage to do exactly that.
But at what cost? How many times do you go back and forth between the shop floor and the designer? Or your electrical design is different from the built product? Or you spent hours troubleshooting the product due to lack of clear manufacturing documentation?
Whatever part of industry they represent, companies will have common goals which fall in the following broad criteria:
- Cost Reduction
- Increased Design and Documentation Quality
- Shortening Time to Market on new products
- Decreasing life time maintenance requirements and cost of ownership
These are all inter-related and just looking at one of those issues in isolation is unlikely to provide significant benefits. Not doing anything is not the solution either.
Giving people the right tools can do wonders and electrical design is an area where many companies don’t think of investing. An intelligent design tool like Zuken’s E3.Series can provide significant benefits, not just to the electrical designer but throughout your product development process.
The capabilities of an intelligent electrical design tool like E3 can help you achieve those long standing goals, by bringing the following benefits:
- Better quality and consistent design, enabling higher productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Making your designs faster and more accurate by using tools that automate and eliminate mundane tasks.
- Ability to reuse design lets you utilise the commonalities in your designs and opens possibility of working on new designs or improving the old ones.
- High quality detailed documentation at the push of a button reduces manufacturing and maintenance time and cost. Automated reporting means you are done with your design when you have finished designing.
- Eliminate/Catch design errors early and not on the shop floor. Increase in design and documentation quality leads to reduced rework and maintenance time and cost.
These are just the tip of the iceberg, with ERP and MCAD integration amongst the many more advantages and compelling reasons to take a look into E3. For more information on E3, please contact our office on 0845 453 4101 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org