Join Zuken’s Hans-Peter Bleher for part two of this introduction to wire harness design using Zuken E3.Series.
Following on from our first webinar Wire Harness Design using E3.Series. Part 1 where we explored the logical part of the design process, we will now look at the physical part of the wire harness design process. Starting with the logical information from the wiring diagram and topology design, we transfer the harness data to the mechanical environment. There we route the harness in the original 3D-Environment. The next step in the design process is to convert the 3D harness into 2D and generate a scale 1:1 formboard. For those who have no data from E3.series available, we will show you how to create a formboard from scratch or using EXCEL files (bill of material and connection list). When the formboard is ready we will generate the information for manufacturing and service. At the end of the webinar you will see how changes in the project are identified, managed and documented.
What you will learn:
- How to export harness information to 3D-MCAD
- How to convert a 3D harness to 2D
- How to import a 2D harness and generate a formboard automatically
- Creating a formboard based on a bill of material and a connection list
- How to start direct at the formboard
- Generate data for the harness manufacturing
- How to identify and document modifications